Stay In Touch with Us!
Residents are encouraged to place an icon on their smartphones to quickly access the City's website. Similar to an app, users simply tap the icon to visit the site. To create the icon, Android users can navigate to www.bhamgov.org, hit their menu button and select, "Add shortcut". iPhone users will select "Add to Home Screen".
GO TO THE COMMUNICATION TOOLS PAGE FOR QUICK LINKS TO ALL INFO IN THE CITY.
Public Notices Webpage
All Public Notices distributed by the City can now be accessed all in one place at www.bhamgov.org/publicnotices. The City of Birmingham distributes public notices to make you aware of important information and/or changes within your community. Public notices inform you about government actions, and will alert you when the interests of your family, your neighborhood or your business are affected by an upcoming project. You’ll find a variety of notice categories on this page to help you learn what's happening around your home or business. This page is updated frequently and you’ll see a “NEW” icon next to the most recent notice added to the page.
The brand new Webpage Enotify page is a one-stop-shop for those wishing to sign up to receive e-mails or text messages when selected webpages have been updated on the City’s website. Visit www.bhamgov.org/enotify, enter your e-mail and/or cell phone number, and then select the webpages that interest you. When City staff members enter new information onto the pages you’ve selected, you will receive a message stating the pages have been updated.
QR Codes on Public Notices Signs
If you’re passing by a property with a public notice sign staked on it, you’ll soon have the option to learn more about potential plans or changes instantly by scanning a QR code that connects you to the appropriate meeting agenda page on the City’s website.
City Newsletter (Printed): - Stay up to date by reading the printed City newsletter (mailed three times per year). Access it online via: www.bhamgov.org/news.php
City Agendas and Minutes: - Learn how to receive electronic messages announcing the posting of board and commission agendas and minutes via Email Notify at: www.bhamgov.org/agendas_and_minutes_registration.php
Citizen Requests: Whether accessing the City's site from a smartphone, tablet or desktop, the community can fill out a simple Citizen Request form to submit comments, questions or problems via a link on the home page to www.bhamgov.org/citizenrequests.
- City of Birmingham Government - The official Facebook page for the City of Birmingham.
- Birmingham Police Department - Information and photos relating to scams, crimes and other pertinent news from the Police Department.
- Birmingham Historical Museum & Park - Information & photos from events and exhibits at the Birmingham Historical Museum & Park.
- Birmingham Shopping District - Photos, videos, and information on downtown events and the latest news from Downtown Birmingham businesses.
- Birmingham Farmers Market - Photos, news, and information related to your favorite Farmers Market. The Birmingham Farmers Market takes place 10a-2p on Sundays from May to October in Lot #6 on N. Old Woodward Ave.
- @bhamgov - The City’s official Twitter feed includes information about all things Birmingham, including events, meetings, job postings, and more!
- @BhamShopping - The official Downtown Birmingham Principal Shopping District Twitter feed contains updates about local businesses, events, and more!
- @BhamFarmMkt - Keep up with news and information related to your favorite Farmers Market. The Birmingham Farmer’s Market takes place 10a-2p on Sundays from May to October in Lot #6 on N. Old Woodward Ave.
- @JoeValentine151 - City Manager's Twitter account communicates information about the City of Birmingham to you.
Electronic Newsletters & Notifications
- Constant Contact - The City distributes special messages about a variety of topics that may interest you, such as: The Birmingham Cruise Event, Dog Park Updates, Job Openings, Around Town e-Newsletter (see below) and more. Sign up for these and other electronic notification groups at bit.ly/bhamnews.
- Around Town e-Newsletter - Sign up via Constant Contact to receive our monthly e-newsletter sent right to your e-mail inbox. This e-newsletter is aimed at providing residents, businesses, and others interested in Birmingham with the latest information on events, construction projects, city programs, and all things Birmingham. Sign up for this and other electronic notification groups at bit.ly/bhamnews.
- Nixle - Alert system which allows the police department to create and publish messages to be delivered to subscribed members instantly, via cell phone text message and/or email. Notifications can also be accessed online at www.nixle.com. This is a free service to all community members. Register at www.nixle.com or by simply sending a text message with the zip code of "48009" to "888777".