Parks & Recreation Master Plan
The City's Parks and Recreation Board is currently preparing an updated Master Plan for 2018 adoption. Residents of Birmingham are invited to help us guide the future of Birmingham's Parks & Recreation.
Birmingham residents are invited to share input, ideas and priorities for our parks and recreation future at the following upcoming events:
Tuesday, Feb. 6 - Parks & Recreation Board Meeting
- Tuesday, February 6 at the Department of Public Services, located at 851 S. Eton Street.
- It is expected the board will endorse a Resolution to recommend the final draft of the 2018 Parks and Recreation Master Plan to the City Commission.
- The City Commission will hold a Public Hearing on February 12, 2018 to consider and ultimately adopt the Five Year Parks and Recreation Master Plan.
- Once the plan has been adopted, it will be submitted to the Michigan Department of Natural Resources (MDNR) and will be on file to support any future MDNR grant applications by the City of Birmingham.
- Public Hearing and Potential Adoption of the Plan by City Commission
- Monday, February 12 at the Commission Room on the second floor of the Municipal Building, located at 151 Martin Street
- Public Hearing - 7:30 p.m. during the regular City Commission meeting.
Past Events and Documents:
The 30-day comment period for the draft plan concluded on January 3rd. City staff synthesized comments and worked with the Master Plan Sub-Committee of the Parks & Recreation Board to incorporate comments into the revised plan.
• Presentation of the draft plan for 30-day review to the Parks and Recreation Board
• Tuesday, November 14 at the Department of Public Services, located at 851 S. Eton Street.
• Presentation - 6:30 p.m. during the regular Parks & Recreation Board meeting.
• Open House & Presentation
• Download the Presentation (PDF)
• Tuesday, October 3 at the Department of Public Services.
- Field Day at the Birmingham Farmers Market
- Sunday, September 17 from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. during the Harvest Festival event!