Updated: Sep 9, 2022
Print this page
- Children should have all treats carefully inspected before eating.
- Children should accept treats only at the doorway.
- Never enter a stranger's home.
- Never invite children to enter your home.
- Children should never accept rides from strangers.
- Children should never take short cuts through backyards or alley ways.
- Set a time limit for your children to be out on Halloween night.
- Children should travel in groups of 3-5 people.
- Adults should escort children while they trick-or-treat.
- Adult escorts and children should carry flashlights if possible.
- All fruit should be discarded unless you know the source is safe.
- Keep pets inside your home, or another safe place, on Halloween night.
- Children should walk and never run during trick-or-treating.
- Parents should know what route their children are taking within the neighborhood.
- All costumes should be made of light colored, fire-proof, preferably reflectorized material.
- Props such as toy guns or swords should be made of pliable material.
- Realistic replica firearms should NEVER be used.
- Masks should only be worn if they are properly fitted and provide unobstructed breathing and visibility.
- Children should always use sidewalks and not the streets for walking.
- Children should look in all directions before crossing the street.
- If you are driving, slow it down and watch out for kids.