The City of Birmingham operates on a fiscal year which runs from July 1 to June 30. The City Commission annually adopts an operating budget for the City no later than the second Monday in June, following a public hearing regarding the budget each April. While the City Commission only adopts a budget for a single fiscal year, a second fiscal year is included in the budget document to assist in long-term planning and financial management.
The Finance Department coordinates City-wide preparation of the budget and creates the annual budget document from information submitted by the departments. Throughout the year, departmental expenditures are monitored and adjustments are made as needed.
View the Approved Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Budget
View the Approved Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Budget
View the Approved Fiscal Year 2017-2018 Budget
Below is video which provides a general summary of the proposed fiscal year 2019-2020 budget. The video was produced in cooperation with Bloomfield Community Television.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Search for file name:
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category
Prior Fiscal Year Budget Documents7 documents
Five-Year Financial Forecasts8 documents
- JANUARY 2019 FIVE YEAR FINANCIAL FORECAST
- JANUARY 2018 FIVE YEAR FINANCIAL FORECAST
- JANUARY 2017 FIVE YEAR FINANCIAL FORECAST
- JANUARY 2016 FIVE YEAR FINANCIAL FORECAST
- JANUARY 2015 FIVE YEAR FINANCIAL FORECAST
- JANUARY 2014 FIVE YEAR FINANCIAL FORECAST
- JANUARY 2013 FIVE YEAR FINANCIAL FORECAST
- JANUARY 2012 FIVE YEAR FINANCIAL FORECAST