For Emergency Assistance, please dial 911.
The City of Birmingham Fire Department has two fire stations located within the City - the Adams Fire Station (Station 1) and the Birmingham Fire Station No. 2 (formerly the Chesterfield Fire Station).
Monday - Friday
Fire Chief/Emergency Manager
(248) 530-1901 (office)
(248) 318-1777 (cell)
Assistant Fire Chief
View Larger Map
Birmingham Fire Station No. 2
Photo by Ed Morykwas, River of Time Photography
The City's brand new Birmingham Fire Station No. 2 (formerly Chesterfield Fire Station) is located at 1600 West Maple Road, Birmingham, MI 48009. Features of the new station are as follows:
• Birmingham Fire Station No. 2 is an 11, 000 square foot building located at 1600 W. Maple and Chesterfield in Birmingham.
• By design, the apparatus bay is the largest part of the building—this is where the fire department will house its engines, aerial truck, rescues, Hazardous materials truck, pickup, Technical Rescue trailer and all equipment needed for emergency operations.
• A watch room is provided for dispatch operations, completing reports, preparing for training and as a contact point for visitors coming into the station.
• Living quarters now provide for male and female firefighters, an option that was not available before.
• L.E.D. lighting is being used that will provide a brighter, clean light which is expected to be a substantial cost savings.
• By design, on the west side of the apparatus bay, there is a very large viewing window so the public will be able to view the fire trucks.
• The original fire station that was on the site was built in 1955.
View Larger Map