To be eligible for hire by the Birmingham Fire Department, external candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Possession of high school diploma or equivalent;
- State of Michigan Firefighter I and II Certification with Basic EMT (Paramedic License training will be provided by the City after hire)
- Vision correctable to 20/20 in both eyes;
- Valid Mich. Operator’s License w/ good driving record;
- No record of criminal conviction;
- Physical condition appropriate for the position;
Please visit the City of Birmingham's Fire Department website for more information.