Parking permits are available Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the police department clerical area. There is a $8.00 charge per household. Permits expire every two years and are available only for residents living on streets designated for residential permit parking.
Guidelines for Residential Parking Permit Requests
The City Commission has established the following prerequisites governing requests for permit parking in the residential areas:
- Requests shall be by petition submitted to the City Commission and signed by the residential and non-residential non-conforming occupants of the area of consideration.
- At least 75% of the addresses in the area of consideration must favor the request.
- Regardless of the number of signatures per address, each address shall have only one "vote".
- Permit parking requests shall apply to residential areas only.
- Non-residential non-conforming businesses in the residential area petitioning for permit parking shall be included in any subsequent permit parking district
- Each non-residential non-conforming address shall count as one vote regardless of the number of signatures for that address.
- The area of consideration for permit parking must consist of at least one city block on at least one side of the street, except where a portion of the street is zoned non-residential, that portion shall not be included.
- The area of consideration for permit parking must be located in close proximity to a major commercial, industrial or school area where the City Commission determines that the spill-over parking is or may be detrimental to the neighborhood.
- Residential permit parking shall not be permitted on a street or side of a street where municipal parking meters exist.
- The City Commission may refer the request to the Multi-Modal Board for a recommendation.