Non-Emergency COVID-19 Hotline (248) 530-1805
Have a non-emergency question about current conditions pertaining to the Coronavirus? The City's COVID-19 hotline can help. Residents may use the hotline for information about City and County COVID-19 resources. To assist the elderly, quarantined and immunocompromised individuals, we encourage you to use the hotline for services such as bringing refuse containers to and from the curb, or delivery of batteries, first-aid items, diapers, formula, etc. Call 248-530-1805, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The City of Birmingham has announced new measures in place to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus. The following actions are in place:
- Upcoming regularly scheduled meetings for the City of Birmingham may be conducted virtually (online and/or by phone) until further notice, due to health concerns surrounding Coronavirus/COVID-19 under the Governor of Michigan’s Executive Orders. You can also watch many City meetings on your local cable access channel and by web streaming as was done previously. Find information about upcoming virtual meetings at www.bhamgov.org/participate.
- We are suspending paid parking for all of our onstreet meters through May 28, 2020 and will encourage your patronage with free parking in the downtown. There will be free parking in the parking structures through September 1, 2020.
- City offices will continue to service the public, however, access to the Municipal Building, the Department of Public Services and the Fire Stations will be restricted to scheduled meetings only. The public is encouraged to contact any department requiring assistance via phone or email. Visit www.bhamgov.org/contacts to view a list of departmental contact numbers for services needed.
- Any documents that need to be provided to the City can be dropped off at the Police Department entrance on the East side of the Municipal Building on Pierce Street.
- The Birmingham Museum is closed to the public and all programs are canceled. City staff will be available via phone or email to assist you.
- The Birmingham Ice Arena is closed to the public for the remainder of the season. All scheduled programs, classes and the Ice Show have been cancelled. City staff will be available via phone or email to assist you.
- The Baldwin Library is closed to the public until further notice. All Library programs have been cancelled through May 31. Please visit their website for further details at www.baldwinlib.org.