Please see below for information about City services and contact information in a COVID environment.
- Upcoming regularly scheduled meetings for the City of Birmingham may be conducted virtually (online and/or by phone) until further notice, due to health concerns surrounding Coronavirus/COVID-19 under the Governor of Michigan’s Executive Orders. You can also watch many City meetings on your local cable access channel and by web streaming as was done previously. Find information about upcoming virtual meetings at www.bhamgov.org/participate.
Parking Update: Enjoy free parking in the City’s parking structures through September 1, 2020. Hand sanitizer stations are being installed throughout the City’s parking structures. Fees are waived for monthly permit parking holders through September 1, 2020. The City has allocated funds to aggressively promote and develop marketing to increase awareness and adoption of the ParkMobile parking application, which enables contact-free parking. With the stay home order now lifted, fees for on-street parking resumed on June 8, 2020.
- City offices continue to service the public, however the Municipal Building and Department of Public Services remain closed as we prepare to engage with the public. Forms and payments may be submitted 24/7 via the drop box located behind City Hall. As part of the City's operational relief efforts, most City forms, applications and payment submissions are also available at www.bhamgov.org/formsandpayments. Residents are encouraged to contact any department requiring assistance via phone or email. Visit www.bhamgov.org/contacts to view a list of departmental contact numbers for services needed.
- Any documents that need to be provided to the City can be dropped off at the Police Department entrance on the East side of the Municipal Building on Pierce Street.
- The Birmingham Museum is closed to the public and all programs are canceled. City staff will be available via phone or email to assist you.
- The Birmingham Ice Arena is closed to the public for the remainder of the season. All scheduled programs, classes and the Ice Show have been cancelled. City staff will be available via phone or email to assist you.
- The Baldwin Library is in the process of a phased reopening. Please visit their website for further details at www.baldwinlib.org.