Please review permit and license applications in their entirely before submitting for review. 

All construction-related permit applications, and any required supporting materials, must be submitted prior to any work being completed. For questions regarding construction-related permits, please contact the Community Development Department at 248.530.1850.

All permit applications must be submitted with all required items.  Incomplete applications will be returned.  The Clerk's Office will answer any questions you may have about additional requirements, including timelines for submission.  Contact the Clerk's Office at 248.530.1880.

Doc app

Document Center

The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.

Search for file name:

Categories always sorted by seq (sub-categories sorted within each category)
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category

Construction Related Permits19 documents

    document seq 0.00
  • Building Permit Application
    document seq 1.00
    Building Permit (Submit to Building Dept.)
  • Electrical Permit Application
    document seq 2.00
    Electrical Permit (Submit to Building Dept.)
  • Fence Permit Application
    document seq 2.50
    Fence Permit (Submit to Building Dept.)
  • Mechanical Permit Application
    document seq 3.00
    Mechanical Permit (Submit to Building Dept.)
  • Plumbing Permit Application
    document seq 4.00
    Plumbing Permit (Submit to Building Dept.)
  • Obstruction Permit
    document seq 5.00
    Obstruction Permit (Submit to Engineering Dept.)
  • Right of Way Permit
    document seq 6.00
    Right of Way Permit (Submit to Engineering Dept.)
  • Sidewalk Permit
    document seq 7.00
    Sidewalk Permit (Submit to Engineering Dept.)
    document seq 7.25
    Sign Permit (Submit to Building Department)
  • Site Evaluation Application
    document seq 7.50
    Site Evaluation Application (Submit to Building Dept.)
  • Soil Erosion Sedimentation Permit
    document seq 8.00
    Soil Erosion & Sedimentation Permit (Submit to Engineering Dept.)
  • Special Treatment Permit
    document seq 9.00
    Special Treatment Permit (Submit to Engineering Dept.)
  • Stormwater Runoff Permit
    document seq 10.00
    Stormwater Runoff Permit (Submit to Engineering Dept.)
  • Tent Permit Application
    document seq 11.00
    Tent Permit (Submit to Building Dept.)
  • Utility Right of Way Permit
    document seq 12.00
    Utility Right of Way Permit (Submit to Engineering Dept.)
  • Vacant Property Registration Application
    document seq 13.00
    Vacant Property Registration Application (Submit to Building Dept.)
    document seq 14.00
    Water & Sewer Permit (Submit to Building Depart.)
  • Zoning Compliance Permit Application
    document seq 15.00
    Zoning Compliance Permit (Submit to Building Dept.)

Business Licenses & Permits5 documents

  • Auction/Estate Sale License
    document seq 1.00
    Auction/Estate Sale Application (Submit to the City Clerk's Office)
  • Initial Merchants Application
    document seq 2.00
    New Business License (Submit to the City Clerk's Office)
    document seq 2.25
    Landlord License Application (Submit to the Building Dept.)
  • Outdoor Dining/Platform Application
    document seq 3.00
    Outdoor Dining License (Submit to the City Clerk's Office)
  • Peddling/Soliciting/Vendor Application
    document seq 5.00
    Commercial Vendor License (Submit to the City Clerk's Office)

SLUP Applications3 documents

  • SLUP - General
    document seq 0.00
  • SLUP - Bistro
    document seq 0.00
  • SLUP - Economic Development
    document seq 0.00

Other Permit & License Applications3 documents

  • Film Permit Application
    document seq 0.50
    Film Permit (Submit to Planning Dept.)
  • Pet License Registration Form
    document seq 1.00
    Pet License Registration Form (Submit to the City Clerk's Office)
    document seq 2.00
    Special Event Permit Application (Submit to the City Clerk's Office)