Questions? Chat Now / Send Email

  • Shain Park DeWeese resized
  • Winter Scene
  • Museum DeWeese resized
  • Barnum Ice Rink
  • Booth Park DeWeese resized
  • City Hall DeWeese resized
  • Winter Rouge River


December News from Birmingham
View the December edition of the Around Town e-Newsletter for information about holiday valet parking, carriage rides, Santa Haus, final leaf collection information and more! Sign up to receive the monthly Around Town e-Newsletter at
Inside City Hall
Share Your Input on Parks & Rec Master Plan Draft
Lets Plan Image


The draft 2018 Parks and Recreation Master Plan for the City of Birmingham is available for review and comment now through January 3, 2018.  The draft plan is available for download here or the public can review a hard copy at the following locations during normal business hours:

  • Birmingham Municipal Building, 151 Martin St.
  • Birmingham Department of Public Services Building, 851 S. Eton St.
  • Birmingham Ice Arena, 2300 E. Lincoln St.
  • Birmingham Baldwin Public Library, 300 W. Merrill St.
Written comments may be e-mailed to, or mailed  to: 
City of Birmingham, Dept. of Public Services 
Attn: 2018 Master Plan Review
851 South Eton Birmingham, MI 48009
The People of Birmingham: Celebrating 200 Years of Stories
The Birmingham Museum invites you to share a story about a special person from Birmingham’s last 200 years. This person can be anyone from the present or the past—a friend or family member, an ancestor, a neighbor, or someone you remember growing up that made an impression on you. We are more interested in the story and why it is important to you than exact facts. 
The People of Birmingham: Celebrating 200 Years of Stories exhibit will feature submitted entries on display in the museum and online during 2018—Birmingham’s 200th year! Your submission may become part of our permanent collection and could appear online, in the museum or both. The exhibit will run through December, 2018, and will include an online version that may be accessible permanently. 
Complete the entry form and learn more at