In the Park Summer Concerts
Birmingham's In the Park Concert series takes place in the beautiful Shain Park each summer. The free concert series offers an opportunity to sit among the trees while enjoying beautiful music on warm summer evenings. Concerts span a diverse range of genres appealing to all ages. Bring your entire family along for an unforgettable summer evening tradition!
Where: Shain Park. Park in the Chester or Pierce Street Parking Structure. .
When: Wednesday Nights, June 22 through August 24 (YAB Teen Summer Concert is Friday, June 17). The free outdoor concerts begin at 7:00 p.m. Seating is on the lawn - bring a blanket or lawn chair, a picnic spread and enjoy the music!
Concert Hotline: 248.530.1650
The concert hotline is updated at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesdays. In case of inclement weather, call to check on the status of a concert.
2016 Concert Lineup
- Friday, June 17, 2016 Birmingham Bloomfield Community Coalition Youth Action Board's Teen Summer Concert
- Wednesday, June 22, 2016 - David Gerald (Blues)
- Wednesday, June 29, 2016 Nemesis (Cover Band - Funk, Soul, Rock & Motown)
- Wednesday, July 6, 2016 Detroit Brass Society (Broadway, Marches, Ragtime, Classical)
- Wednesday, July 13, 2016 Air Margaritaville (Jimmy Buffet)
- Wednesday, July 20, 2016 Jill Jack (Folk)
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016 Magic Bus Band (Psychedelic Music, 60’s & 70’s)
- Wednesday, August 3, 2016 Mainstreet Soul (Motown)
- Wednesday, August 10, 2016 CrossRoads (Family Group)
- Wednesday, August 17, 2016 Steve King & The Dittilies (50’s)
- Wednesday, August 24, 2016 Sinjon Smith (Country)
The concert series is offered to the community thanks in part to our very generous sponsors.
Download the 2016 In the Park Summer Concerts Sponsor Form to view various levels of sponsorship opportunities that fit all budgets!
A special thank you to our 2016 In the Park Summer Concert sponsors!
View Larger Map
Missed a concert? The Bloomfield Community Television (Channel 15) will broadcast In the Park Concerts throughout the summer. Copies of the concerts are available. Order forms are available at the production van or by calling 248.433.7790.